Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Windows Update is downloading updates when it is supposed to notify me first


I have Windows XP SP2, and Windows Update is set to notify me that updates are available and not download any updates.


However, recently, the yellow shield in the system tray has appeared indicating that updates are downloading.


I have gone into the Windows Security centre and confirmed updates are set to notify only, and not download.


How do I fix this?


Answer



You may be getting pushed emergency out of band updates...these typically disregard policy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...