Saturday, April 20, 2019

How to remove write protection from a write- protected USB drive and make it usable using diskpart?

I saw your answer to a question which has somewhat similar details like mine in this thread: Recovering a Partially Formatted USB Thumb Drive.
However, in my case, my usb is write- protected. Can you help me with it?


enter image description here


As you can see, there is a part in the picture above saying, Current Read-only State: Yes, and I think it's because my USB is write- protected. I tried entering a command, attributes disk clear readonly, and it replied Disk attributes cleared successfully.. Ensuring that I can format the USB now since the write- protection is gone, I entered, detail disk, but it only gave me the same results.


enter image description here


Even though it gave the same results, I continued following your solution. I entered, FORMAT RECOMMENDED OVERRIDE, but still, it gave me a reply saying The media is write protected. Seeing this result, I did not continue the following solutions, thinking it would just worsen the state of my USB and I would just obtain the same results. What can I do? Also, I still want my USB file system to be FAT32.


enter image description here


Here is the view of my USB drive in My Computer when I mounted it.


In addition, my USB doesn't have a switch.


My question with complete details is here, since I can't post more than 2 links and I can't upload images:
http://swampertblaziken.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/how-to-make-a-write-protected-usb-drive-usable-using-diskpart/

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...