Saturday, April 27, 2019

windows - Unable to change keyboard repeat delay



I was looking for a solution for a problem, and I needed to know what program used which shortcuts. The program I found, however, happened to be glitched on Windows 10 and caused it to actually press all possible shortcuts, and it broke the repeat delay when typing.



When you press a button and hold it, it usually waits a second before it starts spamming the characters. This is the thing that doesn't happpen anymore, so when I'm typing, I need to release the button really fast, otherwise it just puts down the same character multiple times.




Things I've tried:




  • Disabling everything in the 'Ease of use accessibility'-screen

  • Changing the keyboard settings in the configuration panel, I just don't notice any difference when I change this

  • Changing regedit values in 'Keyboard Response' and 'Keyboard' to the same values I have on another PC (HKEY_CURRENT_USER _> Control Panel -> Keyboard Response). This is what it is set to right now: http://i.imgur.com/Z3FhedY.png

  • Uninstalled the program

  • Rebooted multiple times




Here's a small video that might clear up any confusion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1kKOayRTJY



I hope someone can help me :(



EDIT: Found a solution, in case someone else has a Ducky Shine 3 with the same issue, try pressing FN + F1, followed by FN + F5.


Answer



A: If the keyboard drivers have become corrupted, you can delete them and allow Windows to reinstall them.





  1. Open the Device Manager control panel. You can get to it easily by pressing the Windows key and pasting in "device manager" (in case it is too frustrating typing it in).


  2. Open the "Keyboards" section.


  3. For each keyboard device shown (there may be only one), double-click it, choose the "Driver" tab and click "Uninstall".


  4. Restart Windows.




It is possible that you have a keyboard which needs the manufacturer's driver installed for extra functionality. If so, check that the keyboard now works normally and then install that driver.



B: Your keyboard may have its own setting for repeat delay which could work independently of the OS and you may have inadvertently set it to zero. Check your keyboard documentation on how to set it to the desired value.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...