Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Can't disable Windows 10 lock screen on Creators Update



I'm trying to disable the useless Win 10 lock screen using the method of creating the following registry key:



[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]

"NoLockScreen"=dword:00000001



Everywhere I search for on the web (including Superuser) this is the method used, but still my lock screen is there.



I'm using Win 10 Home, on Creator's Update.



Any ideas how to fix this?


Answer



As @LevenTech has written, the feature was moved to Enterprise in Anniversary Update. For the Creators Update this was changed via the update KB4016240.





Addressed issue that prevents the lock screen from being disabled
using Group Policy on Professional SKUs.




Make sure you have the latest Update installed (As of 2017-06-01 this is KB4020102 (OS Build 15063.332). The update only mentions Professional, so it may also work for Home, but I haven't updated my tablet with Win10 Home to 1703, so I can't test it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...