Tuesday, April 30, 2019

usb - Cannot open an external hard drive in Windows

In Windows 7, I was installing Ubuntu using Wubi (Windows-based Ubuntu installer) to an external hard drive when suddenly it disconnected from the PC. After I connected it back to the PC, and double clicked the drive's icon, Windows didn't show the content of the disk but asked me whether I wanted to format it. The hard drive has only one partition. Its format is NTFS.


I also connected the disk to Windows XP. It makes the Windows Explorer super slow and I cannot open the disk either.


I can open the disk on Ubuntu and Mac.


Is it possible to restore the disk and make it run in Windows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...