Saturday, April 13, 2019

How to display memory consumed by drivers in Windows 10? It looks like I have a memory leak

I'm experiencing symptoms similar to these on my GPD Win. Here are my memory stats after a day of use with no applications running, showing that about 2 GiB of memory are gone.


The answer suggests that the video driver may be the culprit, therefore I would like to see how much memory is consumed by the drivers. Is there a tool or a technique which allows me to estimate the memory consumption of individual drivers, or at least estimate the total?


Edit: it looks like my issue is caused by Steam client leaking handles, similar to what's described here. The tag name is not the same, but my issue doesn't appear when Steam is not started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...