Saturday, April 20, 2019

ubuntu - Why doesn't my environment variable get set?



I have to set an environment variable called GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS to fix the problem with Eclipse buttons in Ubuntu. To set the environment variable, I added the following line to ~/.pam_environment.





GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS DEFAULT=true




Surprisingly, the environment variable doesn't get set when I echo $GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS in a terminal. However, all other environment variables that I've listed in ~/.pam_environment are set properly. Besides, when I switch to a tty, e.g. Alt+Ctrl+F1, the environment variable gets set correctly. Can anyone tell what's wrong with setting this environment variable in ~/.pam_environment?


Answer



It looks like it's just a bug that my environment variable is not being set.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...