Saturday, April 20, 2019

windows 7 - Two System Reserved Partitions after clean install on new drives


I just did a clean install of Windows 7 on a pair of SSDs (RAID 0) and was going to clear out my old HDD when I saw I have two system reserved partitions:


Two System Reserved Partitions


AFAIK I'm booting from Disk 1 (BIOS says it's using the SSD RAID), but when I go to delete the volume labeled D (the old system reserved partition), it says it's currently in use. However, right clicking the second system reserved doesn't present the option of deletion.


Is it safe to delete that partition? I'd like to format that entire disk into a single NTFS drive.


Answer



Yes, you can remove it. And you're not able to delete one of them because it's mounted/in use. Use the setup disk to boot to a command prompt and use diskpart.


source: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/gg441289.aspx


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...