Sunday, April 21, 2019

Cannot install Windows 10 Cumulative update KB3194496 for x64


I cannot install Windows 10 Cumulative update KB3194496 for x64


what I have done and found so far:


cleared WU download folder, tried to install the update manually,


Error 0x800F0922 when it tries to install by automatic Windows Update
Error 0x80246010 when I tried to install the .cab file manually with DISM.


It installed fine on 2 other Win10 notebooks. more recently installed, no hyper-v etc.


I know this is currently under investigation by MS but I'm looking for a reason or workaround.


Answer



the workaround could not be simpler:



  1. delete folder C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\XblGameSave

  2. delete registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\XblGameSave

  3. Re-run the update


-> link to the solution


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...