Monday, April 15, 2019

laptop - Is it bad to have a computer running at maximum temperature for a long period of time?

I'm having a Macbook pro 15" 2012 model here and I remember the past when I gamed on my Macbook- specifically World of Warcraft. When I played this game my Macbook went from a passive ~55 degrees C to the maximum of 105 degrees C. This also (of course) drains the battery which usually last 4 hours to a mere 30-40 minutes (with a full charge). Of course, I did gave the machine room to 'breathe'.



This was one of the reasons I stopped playing games in general on my Macbook.



But I'm quite curious whether having a machine running on it's maximum temperature is bad for the machine itself- and having the battery drain as crazy is bad for the battery itself.




One might say "yes", but I could think of an answer such as "If it doesn't shuts itself down (precaution) it isn't bad". What is true?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...