Sunday, April 14, 2019

Hard drive spins for 1-2 sec's and stops and tickling sound is audible and drive not detecting

I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500gb hard drive. It was making a tickling sound so I thought it was a HDD problem and opened the drive and remove the head and put it back it shows once in Device Manager and again nothing.


I tried to fix the heads but not worked anything. Later I checked my PC with another HDD and it also struggles to power up.


Then I realized it's a SMPS problem later, I replaced the SMPS but right now the seagate barracuda 7200.12 drive spins when powered up and stops after a 1-2 seconds and the tickling sound is clearly audible.


Is it a PCB problem or what? I put this PCB in other 160gb hard drive it did the same spin and stop.


I bought another new Seagate pipeline 500gb HDD and luckily its PCB number same as old.


Should I replace the rom ic and try with the new board or can I replace the new hard drive head to old one or its better to platter swap.


I want to recover data from the old drive and can't afford to hire a professional data recovery analyst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...