Thursday, April 18, 2019

windows 7 - Stop Touchpad from disabling itself when I press any keys?

I have an acer E1-571 laptop, with an ELAN Smart Pad. Unfortunately the "Smart" pad is a bit too smart. It automatically disables itself while I am pressing any keys. This is useful when typing. However it does not allow me to play games that use the mouse for scrolling such as Counter Strike and GTA San Andreas as the touchpad gets disabled when I press any key. I tried to find an option or check-box of some kind that would disable this behavior in the ELAN Smart Device Driver's Properties and the Windows 7 Control Panel, but to no avail. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...