Saturday, April 27, 2019

How to save Word documents as HTML to be viewed in Firefox


I'm in need for saving a Word document as HTML. It has some background images, other images, texts, ...
It opens correctly in Internet Explorer, but how can I save a word doc as HTML so that Firefox and other current browsers render it correctly?


All images are missing in the document. I looked through the generated html document, but the paths for the images appear to be correct.


Any idea?


Things like "Don't save docs as html" won't be helpful here.


Edit: To make myself clear, the normal "Save as HTML" doesn't cut it, the result is broken in any browser other than Internet Explorer.


Edit 2: What I'm using is Word 2010 and Firefox 4. I also tried rendering it in the latest Chrome version, which failed as well. I used different compatibility settings for saving as html, it did not help


Answer



As apparently nothing else worked, it became one of these damn "IE only" solutions.


Edit: Just to clarify: I answered this myself as I didn't receive any other answer for 8 months. As I am not in need of the solution any more at the moment, and was too long ago, I will/can not accept another solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...