Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Windows 7 Explorer keyboard shortcut: set focus to files/folders/content area?


Is there a Windows 7 Explorer keyboard shortcut to set focus to files/folders/content area (depicted below)?


This has bothered me for so long...
I want to set my explorer window's focus to the files pane (shown below). What's the most efficient way to do that with a keyboard?


enter image description here


Here's what I've been doing:
- Tab / Shift+Tab to move focus through interactive window elements until it looks like a selection rectangle appears over one of the files in my window.
- Alt+V, Alt+D to change appearance setting of a folder contents' icons. Doesn't always work, depending on what's selected at the time.


Answer



You can use AutoHotkey to move the keyboard focus to the file pane. In this example, I use the hotkey Win+Space:


#IfWinActive ahk_class CabinetWClass ; Windows Explorer
#Space::
ControlFocus, DirectUIHWND3, A
SendInput, {Space}
return
#IfWinActive



See Also:


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...