Tuesday, February 12, 2019

wireless networking - Windows Vista Home Premium Wifi slow loading


Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium is slow to load and identify my home WI-FI network. I have 4 bars, and have disabled all other connections, yet it still takes a long time to connect and have internet access?


Linksys WRT series router, Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card.


I have already cut down big time and monitor very closely every start-up program. It takes a while to load the icon in the status bar, but once, I'm on, it is normal and fast...


Answer



I would look and see if there are more current drivers for your wireless card. Updating your drivers could solve this issue - I had a similar problem while running Windows 7 RC with my built-in Dell wireless.


Dell's Support Page


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...