Wednesday, February 27, 2019

memory - Ram Upgrade - Asus Zenbook UX310UQK

I have an Asus Zenbook UX310UQK notebook with 8GB builtin ram (soldered on the motherboard).

I would like to upgrade to 16Gb using the only free slot available.



Can system stability get worse after the upgrade?



I heard that the best way to upgrade is by matching the exact model number and frequency of the modules that are already installed. Unfortunately I can't match model number because it's soldered but I can match module speed which turns out to be 1.066Mhz (it's the DDR4-2133, right?).



I've attached a screenshot of ram report by hwinfo64.



Thank you very much for the help!




my notebook ram report

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...