Monday, February 18, 2019

USB 2 Hub for running USB External Drives


I am experiencing an odd problem with using 2 different USB 2.0 Hubs to run a Seagate FreeAgent USB harddrive on.


I'm getting an 'unknown inpage error' (or similar). When i plug in directly to the computer it has no problem. Any ideas what this error is about and how I can get around it? I need to run it on a HUB as im short on USB. Hardware recommendations welcomed!


USB Drive only runs a USB cable. (Does that make it a unpowered drive?)
USB Hub only runs a USB cable. (Does that make it unpowered?)


Answer



Is this a 2.5" drive? It possibly needs a powered USB hub. Is the hub powered?


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...