Friday, February 22, 2019

Unable to paste file path directly from Windows Explorer to PowerShell


I can't paste path to PowerShell window when the file or folder location is copied from Windows Explorer (select file > right click > copy / select file > Ctrl + C). Bizarrely I can paste to the shell after first pasting to somewhere else, for example to notepad. Why does this occur and how to resolve the issue?


Answer



I am not exactly sure how can you copy a file path by file > right click > copy/select file > Ctrl + C, but you can press Shift key while right-clicking on file. It adds a new context menu item 'Copy as Path'. This should allow you to copy/paste the path to PowerShell or any other application.


screenshot


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...