Saturday, February 23, 2019

Can a vSphere/ESXi host be used for automatic provisioning of instances?

VMWare's products and service offerings are absolutely indecipherable to me. I know I have a single ESXi (vSphere?) host using the free license.



I know that there a number of tools can be used to bring up VEs using API calls. But trying to get vagrant-vsphere to run, it wants me to provide a "template" to clone from, and as far as I can figure out templates are only supported when using "vCenter".



Are people doing automatic provisioning using a simple, single ESXi instance, and what tools are they using?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...