Saturday, February 16, 2019

windows 8 - Can't delete a folder because it's too deep


I have no idea how this happened, but I have a folder with so many sub folders that I can't delete the root folder. I have been googling this for about 2 hours and I've tried many things, nothing is working.


enter image description here


I've tried a few 3rd party tools, but no luck. I also can't map a drive to anyplace inside this folder. It tells me the path is not valid.


Any ideas?


Answer



Just shorten the names of the folders the undeletable folder resides in so the whole path has a maximum of around 250 Charakters. Then you should be able to delete it.


Example:


If the last folder can not be delted:


C:\folder1xxxxxxxx\folder2xxxxxx\folder3xxxxx\lastfolder


Now you should be able to delete it:


C:\folder1\folder2\folder3\lastfolder


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...