Monday, February 25, 2019

How to start Notepad++ from a Windows 10 batch file?

When I Google this, I get pages about running Notepad++ from the command line, running batch files from Notepad++, and pages that start by explaining how I set my path variable.


I am not allowed to set my path variable on my work machine (don't get me STARTED). So I would like to create a batch file that will run Notepad++ and put it in a directory off the root (I'd put it in the root, but am not allowed to do that either) so that I have a short command to start it.


I've tried:


"C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" %*
'C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe' %*
"'C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe'" %*
C:/Program Files (x86)/Notepad++/notepad++.exe %*
'C:/Program Files (x86)/Notepad++/notepad++.exe' %*
"C:/Program Files (x86)/Notepad++/notepad++.exe" %*

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...