Sunday, February 17, 2019

windows 8 - DISM RestoreHealth Source


I am trying to fix component store corruption on my windows 8 laptop which is preventing me from upgrading to Windows 8.1. I have tried to run DISM /online/Cleanup-image/RestoreHealth but it doesn't work because of an invalid source. My laptop came with the OEM version of windows so I don't have a installation CD. So where or how do I get a valid source to repair my corruption? Can I capture an image from a running Windows 8.1 computer that isn't corrupt? I've read the DISM articles about how do capture and image, but where should I capture a valid image from.


Here are the links to the DISM and CBS logs:


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxX6CIDigV64cHEtZWxGRlNaTkE/edit?usp=sharing


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxX6CIDigV64aFJPN1ktamNyekU/edit?usp=sharing


Answer



Decided to just factory reset the computer and run updates from scratch. I was able to install the 8.1 update after this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...