Monday, February 11, 2019

eclipse can't find java

I'm having problems getting Eclipse to start... it can't find the Java virtual machine. Based on suggestions online, I've tried adding...


; "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin"

to my Path variable, and also I've tried adding the following two lines...


-vm
C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre6/bin/client/jvm.dll

to my eclipse.ini file. Neither seems to work yet.


The exact error message when I try and open eclipse is...


A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Eclipse. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations: C:\Program Files\Eclipse\eclipse\jre\bin\javaw.exe javaw.exe in your current PATH


I've verified that java works, and that it at the location I was expecting... still no go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...