Wednesday, February 27, 2019

How to store VBA Macros for Office 2007 to have them always available and share them with others?

I have created some useful VBA macros for Word, Excel Outlook and PowerPoint 2007.



Now I want to




  • have them always available in the corresponding application via keyboard shortcut or icon to click and

  • also have a possibility to share them easily with colleagues so if anything gets updated that they can easily use the new version.


  • have an overview over changes (version control)



Already creating custom commands in the "ribbon" in Office 2007 seems very difficult for me and I have the problem that when I store the macros in a certain file, this file has to be opened to make the macros work - I'd like to have that open in the background.
Does anyone know a good tutorial or book which covers that?



Can I create my own AddIn? If I remember correctly, and AddIn can not be modified directly any more, so if the code is constantly growing I'd need to save the source code in one place and the addin in another - is that true?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...