Sunday, February 24, 2019

Windows 10 asks for password after profile name change

I have pretty strange problem. I have been using Windows 10 without any issue for some time and now I went for username change. I went to "netplwiz" and changed my username. I haven't added any password. After that I rebooted my computer and suddenly Windows 10 asks me for password I didn't have.




I have tried to login different ways without any success. After some time of researching the ways to get into my computer I did it via Administrator in Safe Mode. Once I got into Windows 10 I went to User Account Settings. However I can't do anything there (add or delete user accounts). I also can't see any other user accounts except Administrator. I also can't click windows icon on desktop and use search. Only folders can be opened.



At the moment I am making backup of my files just in case I would not be able to recover my system. I was thinking about registry. Maybe it is possible to access user accounts from there? However I don't know how and don't know how to access registry as I am not able to type "regedit" anywhere as search icon is not clickable.
Is there any way to get everything back working?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...