Saturday, February 9, 2019

power supply - Can a 20V, 4.5A travel adapter replace a 19V, 3.42A charger on ThinkPad T440 Lenovo?

I have a ThinkPad T440 that came with the new adapter plug "slim-fit". The original charger is 19V, 3.42A. I ordered a replacement AC for travel, and Lenovo sent to me a charger that is 20V, 4.5A, with the same polarity. I'd want to ensure that it is totally safe the use the new one with higher voltage and current rating. From what I have read on various forums, they say it is OK to use the new one. Is it safe to go ahead and start using the 20V, 4.5A one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...