Wednesday, February 6, 2019

linux - High CPU Usage by "root" User in Ubuntu VPS server

My server was working fine until last week, until it seems someone changed my SSH password. After this when I checked the CPU usage, it always 160-190% on executing top command. Some users told that sites are going down many times due to this.



I'm wondering how CPU usage becomes more than 100%. Usually, my CPU usage was always under 10%, may go up to 20% on high traffic. It will be used be www-data.



I am SSH'ing in using Putty, and this is what I see:






Server configuration:




  • OS: Ubuntu

  • Web Server: Nginx

  • RAM: 2GB

  • Control Panel: Ajenti

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...