Tuesday, February 5, 2019

windows 7 - My " and ' keys started behaving strangely - multiple key presses needed for them to appear on screen


When I press the " or ' keys (apostrophes), I need to press another key for the character to appear on the screen.


If I press " twice in a row, there appear two "-s but only after second key press.


If I press " once, nothing appears on the screen. As soon as I press a subsequent key, the " appears together with the subsequent key.


Same behavior with the ` key.


I initially thought this was a setting in Visual Studio I set somewhere by mistake - but now I noticed this is happening computer-wide in any application.


What is happening here? How do I set the keys back to their normal function?


Answer



This is related to your keyboard settings. Go to the keyboard settings and change the Keyboard from US international to US.


In case you cannot remove the US international keyboard, you must unmake it your default one and then remove it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...