Friday, February 8, 2019

Acer laptop running ubuntu, keys not working properly

I've been working on an Acer Laptop for the last week, today the keyboard has started behaving oddly, specifically when I hold down the shift key and press any of the arrow keys I cannot select text.


Copy, Cut and Paste no longer function correctly.


I've tried rebooting the system and shutting down completely, it comes back in the same state.


I'm running Ubuntu on this laptop, its version 14.04, I don't have any choice on the OS or the version its required for the job I'm working on.


[Edit] The problem seems isolated to the software package I'm using which is Qt Creator, version 3.0.1


What is the problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...