Monday, February 25, 2019

ubuntu - How to package linux os on a hard disk for another computer?

I want to give my friend a hard disk with a Linux operating system for his/her unused computer. Using unetbootin, I tried to install a bootable iso on my hard disk in one small partition and then I tried to install the linux os from that hard disk to another larger partition on the same disk, and it failed. I came to the conclusion that unetbootin does not allow installing unto the same disk it currently resides.


How does one package a linux os on a hard disk for another computer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...