Tuesday, February 12, 2019

What should I upgrade first – CPU or GPU?

I have an HP desktop for gaming and I wanted to upgrade it to suit games like GTA V, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and games like that.


My specs:



  • AMD A6 6400k

  • AMD R7 240 2GB VRAM

  • 8GB RAM

  • 1TB HDD

  • 60 Hz 1680×1050 Monitor

  • (no SSD)


I get 20 fps in GTA V on very high settings and my budget is very tight. I can only upgrade one part right now and will have to wait a year for another – so what should I upgrade now? I am ready to spend 300-500 dollars. Changing the CPU requires a new motherboard, but the CPU is very weak. I am not familiar with building computers – should I buy a new pre-built computer altogether?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...