Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Can I dual boot Ubuntu and Windows XP on an internal and external hard drive

I've recently gotten a computer with no OS on it.



It has 1 internal and 1 External hard drive.




I have a bootable USB with Ubuntu on it and a copy of windows XP.



Is their a way of installing Ubuntu onto the external hard drive and Windows onto the internal HD so that I can choose which one it should boot from without having to remove the internal HD each time I want Ubuntu, and preferably without having to partition?



Currently the hard drive is blank and un-formatted but the external hard drive has not been made bootable, will this be needed?
Any websites with tutorials would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...