Saturday, September 15, 2018

windows - Hyperlink to a file using the current user

I am trying to create a hyperlink which will work for everyone on different machines.



For example, this works for me:



C:\Users\bob\text.txt



However, will not work for users on a computer who do not have a user account named bob.



Is there a way to replace the username with the current logged in user? For example:



C:\Users\{current_user}\test.txt


I found %USERPROFILE% but this does not work.




A bit of background info. Everyone has access to our SharePoint 365, however, in procedures, I would like to be able to hyperlink to folders in the SharePoint that they already have access to which would then open the file or file explorer. At the moment, we are having to create a share link, which then opens the file in a browser which isn't optimum.



Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...