Tuesday, September 25, 2018

windows 7 - On a laptop which consumes more power - cordless mouse or wired mouse?


Which consumes least power from the laptop battery out of the following - a corded USB mouse or a cordless mouse with USB transceiver or bluetooth wireless mouse?


I have a laptop running Windows 7 64-bit and am looking to use a solution that'll use the least amount of energy from my laptop's battery. yes, I know the built-in touchpad would use the least energy but I'd like to use an external device - more comfort.


Either via practical experience or via tests carried out, could someone please help to narrow down the type of mouse that'd serve my purpose? Not looking for a fancy mouse - 2 button + wheel is enough.


Answer



A few years back Toms Hardware did a review of items that related to the power consumption of notebooks. Their testing at the time revealed that a bluetooth mouse is very slightly better. The complete coverage can be read here.


From Tom's Hardware


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...