Tuesday, September 11, 2018

conversion - Converting .wav (CCITT A-Law format) to .mp3 using LAME

I would like to convert wav files to mp3 using the lame encoder (lame.exe). The wav files are recorded along the following specifications:



Bit Rate: 64kbps
Audio sample size: 8 bit
Channels: 1 (mono)
Audio sample rate: 8 kHz
Audio format: CCITT A-Law



If I try to convert such a wav file using lame, I get the following error message:




Unsupported data format: 0x0006


Could anyone provide me with a command line string using lame.exe that will enable me to convert these kind of wav files?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...