Sunday, September 30, 2018

Windows 7: folders' taskbar icons issue


I compressed the files on my System drive to gain some space, and now my folders icon looks like this in the taskbar:


enter image description here


I KNOW there is a very easy way to set this icon back to normal, since it already happened to me once a while ago, but I can't remember what it was...?!


thanks!


[EDIT] Deleting the IconCache.db file solved the issue:



  1. Open Windows Explorer, and configure your Folder Options > Views to show Hidden / System Files

  2. Go to C:\Users\\AppData\Local folder

  3. Delete the hidden IconCache.db file

  4. Reboot


I knew it was easy!


Answer



Deleting the IconCache.db file solved the issue:



  1. Open Windows Explorer, and configure your Folder Options > Views to show Hidden / System Files

  2. Go to C:\Users\< User >\AppData\Local folder

  3. Delete the hidden IconCache.db file

  4. Reboot


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...