Sunday, September 9, 2018

Windows 7 C: drive is full, but folders don't add up

I'm baffled. My C: Drive is showing up as almost full at 127GB out of a 138GB hard drive capacity. However, when I add up all the folders, they only add up to 73GB.


That's a whole whopping 54GB that's been eaten up by something I don't know about. I understand that temporary files can eat up space, but not 54GB, right? Where did the space go?


I've searched Google for solutions and a common culprit seems to be Adobe Media Cache files, but I don't seem to have a folder like this.


How do I figure out where the space has gone and free it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...