Saturday, September 22, 2018

windows 7 - You don't currently have permission to access this folder

I'm trying to understand an error on Windows 7 Professional Edition:




You don't currently have permission to access this folder





This error shows two buttons, Continue and Cancel. The folder is C:\windows\system32\tasks, but it could be any system folder.



I'm in an Admin account. I click Cancel, open Explorer and check effective permissions on C:\windows\system32\tasks for the Admin account.



Everything is checked.



So why do I get the "You don't currently have permission to access this folder" error when trying to open the folder?




And what permissions does the Continue button set that hasn't already been set?



Just trying to understand how this works, and eventually to set permissions on a task so a non-privileged user can run it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...