Thursday, September 13, 2018

hard drive - Why would there be two separate recovery partitions

I recently got a new Lenovo Y510P Laptop, with Windows 8.1, a 24 GB SSD drive, and a 1 TB Hard Drive.


When I opened up Disk manager, I realized that the Hard Drive was partitioned into six segments:



  • Two primary accessible partitions each with their own drive letter (one has OS)

  • one 260 MB EFI System partition (Boot partition)

  • one 1000 MB OEM partition (probably lenovo software)

  • one 1000 MB recovery partition

  • one 12.52 GB recovery partition


I am wondering why there are two recovery partitions and what possible use they could have because one seems to be too small to fit anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...