Monday, September 24, 2018

csv - Excel Formats Numbers as Dates

I have several very large .csv files that I need to work with, and Excel makes this very easy (obviously). One of the fields is in the format 10/3/2013 19:00, and Excel automatically converts this to its own date/time format when it opens the .csv file. I need to handle the raw text data, however. If I select the column and change the cell format to Text, Excel changes the values to just decimal numbers (41550.7916666667 in the above example).



How can I get Excel to just display all of the fields in text format? I'm using Excel 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...