Monday, September 24, 2018

windows 7 - Two of my four HDDs in my RAID10 array aren't being recognized as part of the array. How do I get them back into the array?

The short version:
I have a Windows 7 PC with 4 x 4TB HDDs in RAID10, managed by Intel RST, which lists all of the drives as Status: Normal (and big green checks) but two of the drives aren't recognized as part of the array and the array itself is Status: Failed. Also when I check the partition types, the 2 HDDs that aren't in the array are GPT, while the 2 HDDs in the array are MBR and 'Not Applicable.' How do I get the drives back into the array? The drives are of course not accessible thorough Windows Explorer.


HDDs via Intel RST:


Extra details (i.e., how I got here):
One day suddenly, clicking on E: drive yielded a dialogue box blocking access and saying I need to format the drives. Intel RST software that managed the RAID wouldn't run, producing some non-helpful error. Re-installation attempts of the RST software were failures. Also, checking the SATA mode in the BIOS showed it was AHCI when it should have been RAID. So I changed it to RAID. But then I couldn't boot because the bootmgr couldn't be found. So I removed the 4 drives and put them in a new and identical PC, and that's when I saw that 2 drives weren't in the array anymore.


So how can I make the RAID incorporate all four drives again? Or how can I get at the files some other way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...