Monday, September 24, 2018

Upgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 10

I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise and I wanted to install the Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation (from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise). I don't want to wait until the IT team at our company decides to give us the official update and I rather just install it and in a few weeks I'll get the key from them.


Now, I downloaded the evaluation version ISO but when trying to install it (mounting the ISO file and double clicking setup.exe) it tells me that the versions are different and that I cannot keep any of my files or apps if I continue.


Both versions are Enterprise 64bits and both are in English (US).


Any idea of why that might happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...