Thursday, September 27, 2018

hard drive - Samsung HDD has been stopped detecting

2 days back when I start my Samsung Laptop (2.5years old), it's just showing up the Samsung Start Up screen and stuck.


It's not allowing me to enter into BIOS. Upon asking in a local service center, I got to know that the HARD DISK is damaged. So I tried to start my laptop with my friends HDD and it worked.


Being confirmed about the HDD damage, I tried to use it as external as I had an internal to external converter (Thanks to Segate BackUp Plus). First I got the windows sound of adding external drive and the LED get on. I was happy. But after a few second, the same sound struck and the LED start blinking continuously. In the whole process, my HDD didn't get detected for a second.


Now I have few queries/concern:
1. Is it possible to repair my HDD with out removing data?
2. If YES, what could be it's probable cost?
3. If NO, how can I recover data in home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...