Saturday, September 15, 2018

windows 10 - How can I tell if this issue is a virus?

I have an Android GS6 and am on Windows 10, and in the past, I would plug in the USB and be able to see the photos with little thumbnails. Now, (the past few months) as the files become visible in the window manager, instead of thumbnails I'm seeing a weird default computer-ish icon for ALL the files in my DCIM folder except a dozen or so.


How can I tell if this is a virus? I've tried searching, clearly my keywords aren't useful, as I'm getting results for things like pics disappearing in iCloud and restoring deleted pics.


screenshot of what I see


The pics aren't actually vanishing as they remain on my phone, but the window manager can't DO anything with them, can't open them, can't tell they are .jpg files...


I apologise in advance for this...if the photo uploads it's much easier to tell what I mean by looking at the pic. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...