Saturday, September 22, 2018

text cursor - Can Notepad++ remember line position?

I have TextPad on my home computer, but I can't use that on my work machine. It has an option where it remembers cursor position in certain cases. Here's an example:


  • text one

  • text two is longer


  • Let's say I put my cursor after the first LI and started typing


  • text one

  • text two is longer


  • In TextPad, if I hit the down arrow, the cursor will snap back to be after the second LI, so I can immediately type (or paste) the same class. But in Notepad++ the cursor will simply end up after the n in longer, and I have to click or backtrack to get back to the LI tag.


    Is there any option in Notepad++ to replicate the TextPad behavior?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

    Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...