Monday, September 17, 2018

windows 8 - external hard disk not show


I bought new Dell Inspiron laptop and took apart my old HP probook laptop to get its hard disk and use as an external hard disk for my new laptop. The hard disk already has Windows 8 installed and is divided into 4 partitions: c, d, e, and f. C is the system volume.


The problem is that I cannot see it or access it on my new computer as I am using USB linkage. Also in Disk Management, the icon that refers to the external hard drive has a red arrow, and the field is not active.


The drive contains all my important files. How can I access it from my new computer? Please help.


Answer



it is not possible to access the drive through windows operating system directly ,but using Ubuntu for example. is a good solution and that what I had tried and work perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...