Friday, April 13, 2018

windows xp - bad sector of harddisk - disk check and recovery

I got a harddisk from my friend, it maybe broken, so I need to save any remaining data which can be saved.


I can see the drives, but when copy some files, the computer said they are bad and rereadable(not exact phrase).


Then I installed some software, thinking maybe they can check whether and which files are corrupted, then I rebooted the pc.


After the shutdown of the pc, the computer started a disk scan on the harddisk, and I am not awared of any prompt from the pc. Now the scan is running and takes some time to finished.


At the mean time, it found some files and folder are in the bad sector. Then it said the files are replaced by null. And it said it removed a folder because it is entirely unreadable. Actually I don't know what does it mean, **so my question is - What does the scan do when it encounter bad files and folders? Are there any chance I can save the data, maybe with any other software?


By the way, can I stop the scan? I tried to press Esc, Alt+Ctrl+Del, don't work.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...