Thursday, April 26, 2018

How do I set a Windows 7 Security Policy option to "not defined"?


I have two identical machines running Windows 7, and I'm trying to replicate the security policy settings of one on the other (these are the settings under secpol.msc).


One machine has a setting Local Policies > Security Options > Network security: LAN Manager authentication level setting of Not Defined. The other has one of the options selected.


How do I reset that option to "Not Defined"? It doesn't appear in the list of options when I open its properties and there's no visible action to clear it.


Answer



Delete the regkey entry (DWORD) LmCompatibilityLevel under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet\Control\Lsa and reboot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...