Sunday, April 22, 2018

Windows recovery can't find Windows install

I'm trying to repair my boot loader for Windows after a Ubuntu install killed it. I'm trying to use the Windows Repair CD (actually USB stick), but Windows recovery can't find my Windows install. I know that it's there because Linux sees it and the hard drives are not failing.




I think it has something to do with drivers because I am using a RAID configuration. Does anyone know what I can do?



Thanks!



EDIT: So I have an "Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise" thing controlling my RAID. I downloaded these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=23496&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel®+Rapid+Storage+Technology+(Intel®+RST)&lang=eng



But they didn't do anything. Windows says that they don't contain any information about my hard drives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...