Tuesday, April 24, 2018

hard drive - Reallocated bad sectors cause my HDD to slow down?

I've just used several utilities to check whether my HDD drive is really failing - I've come to a conclusion that it's the hard disk drive that causes unusual slow downs as my system almost freezes sometimes (HDD light on my laptop is lit all the time when it happens).


It appears that everything is healthy except for "reallocated bad sectors" being at 11. This is the only warning that disk check utilities give me. What does it mean? Is there anything I can do? My drive is running at DMA 5 mode, so that is not a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...